Treatment for boils | Boils treatment poultice
Are you searching for boils treatment?
What are the different types of poultice to treat boils?
What are the benefits of boil treatment with poultice?
Boils is a highly contagious skin infection caused by Staphylococcus bacteria. The infection starts in oil gland or hair follicle. Initially tender lumps develop and the skin turns red in infected area. After a week the lump turns into white color as pus gets collected under the skin. Boils mainly appear on neck, shoulders, buttocks, face, eyelid and arm pits. Boils are very painful if not treated well.
Symptoms of Boils:
- Pus in mid of boil
- Discharge of blood and white pus from the boil
On observing the above symptoms you must take necessary precaution and Seek for treatment of boils. Naturally, Boil takes a couple of weeks to heal. Boil turns into a lump of diameter about 3 to 4 cm in 5 to 6 days. When the boil gets matured pus will come out which is a mixture of white blood cell and bacteria. And as the time passes boil gets dry and disappear from the skin but leaves a scarring sign behind. But sometimes it becomes intolerable for an individual to bear the pain and too contagious to get cured naturally.
Treatments of boils
Medical boil treatment
- When boil grow into a massive size with no distinct head then your physician will aim to use hot pack to form a head for easy discharge of pus.
- Your physician may recommend certain antibiotics in case of severe formation of boil.
- The last step is to operate surgically if it becomes difficult to treat the boil using medicine.
- Boils can be effectively treated using the herbs like dandelion, yellow dock.
- Use of ginger for head formation of boil
- For drying pus filled lump you can use paste of green clay, as it also gives relaxation to pain
- Extracts of grape seed are beneficial, as they comprise bioflavonoid agents
Boil treatment with poultice
Poultice is an easy and effectual home remedy for treatment of boil. Poultice provides a safe treatment. It consist herbs and few easily obtainable substances. Poultices are of two kinds cold and warm. A cold poultice reduces the skin inflammation and helps in pacifying the boil. The warm poultices helps in formation of head by increasing the blood circulation in boil region. The head formation depends on the brutality of infection.
Few best boil treatments with poultice are given below:
- Poultice is prepared by mixing the dust of goldsenal root with warm water. Goldsenal poultice can not be applied directly on the boil. It can be placed on the boil with use of linen cloth. Goldsenal paste heals the boil as it contains anti-inflammatory feature.
- Clay poultice is prepared by refining the clay impurities and then assimilate the clay with water or apple cider.
- The dry roots of ancient plant kava can be used for making poultice for boils as it contain antiseptic properties.
- Poultice can be prepared by the tissue of boiled carrots. Carrot poultice is good for boils
- You can prepare bran poultice by assimilating bran with warm water. Bran poultice is effective in decreasing the boil inflammation.
- Strawberry poultice is made with the tissue of wild strawberry. It also helps in reducing boil inflammation.
So, if you apply bread poultice in a correct manner you can easily get relief from boils.